July 12, 2019
Wow another episode in the same year! We are on a role. This time around, Albert interviews Lee Broderick, designer of Dwarf, now on Kickstarter. We have a fun chat about Uwe Rosenberg games and get into a lot of the details about dwarfs (or dwarves). We get into dwarven details.
June 12, 2018
In this 150th episode Albert & Julius discuss Nusfjord.
- 01:26 Unlock (Asmodee, BGG)
- 05:22 Heroes of Terinoth (FFG, BGG)
- 09:36 The Deep Gate: Arkham Horror novel (FFG)
- 11:56 Dragonfire (BGG)
- 13:10 Asmodee
- 16:46 Nusfjord (BGG)
May 6, 2018
Welcome to episode #148 of the 1 Player Podcast. This month, Albert and Julius talk about the game, Terraforming Mars. See what we like and what we don't like about this game from Stronghold Games.
April 25, 2018
Journey into the depths of the libraries of the 1 Player Podcast. Join us on the couch as we chat about some of our favorite books of late, including the "Traps Hidden Books" and "You Don't Want to Know."
We also talk about Victory Point Games' recent kickstarter for their Graphic Novel Adventures, and about Gem Rush. We then review Ex Libris, a library building worker-placement game. We then return for an extended interview with Taran Kratz, the designer of Helionox (by listener request).
So pull up a nice book, your favorite podcast feed, and listen in.
Graphic Novel Adventures (01:45)
Gem Rush (10:07)
Ex Libris review (14:15)
Taran Kratz, designer of Helionox, interview (51:45)
March 29, 2018
After chatting about some recent games they've played, Albert and Julius review two Pandemic games today, Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu and Pandmic Iberia. Afterwards, Julius talks with the designer of Unbroken, currently on Kickstarter.
- General Discussion:
- Stuffed Fables and the Every Night is Game Night Podcast (01:55)
- CoOp Cast (05:55)
- Ex Libris, Architects of the West Kingdom, by Renegade Games (6:40)
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (10:38)
- Pandemic Iberia (24:38)
- Unbroken interview (35:20)
August 21, 2017
Welcome to the Eclipsisode. In this episode (which actully has nothing to do with an eclipse other than the date)) we review Yggdrasil. Albert also talks about CRGE, the Conjectural Roleplaying Game Emulator. As always, we also have a bit of news and whatnot.
- 00:24 - Intro
- 00:39 - Welcome
- 17:12 - Burgle Bros app (Android, IOS)
- 19:43 - Energy Empire solo PnP (BGG)
- 24:38 - 7th Continent (BGG)
February 6, 2017
Wow folks.. did you expect another episode so quickly? I didnt but I messed up 119. I figured I should record something short to let listeners know the fixed #119 was back. Well, why not turn it into an episode!
This episode only covers the RPG game, The Plant by by Jason Morningstar of Bully Pulpit Games. He's designed many other acclaimed RPGs such as The shaba-Al-Hiri Roach, Fiasco, Night Witches and others. The Plant is a grim RPG designed for exactly one player. It is a very well implemented game that will leave a player full of emotions. It's a fantasstic game, but not for the faint of heart (that means me).
February 5, 2017
Albert and Julius ramble on and on about lots of nonsense, but we also talk about a few solo games like The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire wich Julius just lovs. This episode includes an interview and a PnP Patrol segment!!
- 0:00:30 - Intro & banter
- 0:04:00 - Fauna
- 0:05:50 - Cardline
- 0:07:58 - Cardventures (BGG)
- 0:13:23 - Yggdrasil (BGG)
- 0:15:13 - Conquest of Paradise (BGG)
- 0:15:53 - Elder Sign: Omens of Ice (BGG)
- 0:16:50 - Arkam Horror: The Card Game (BGG)
- 0:18:07 - Kickstarter Report
- 0:18:07 - SUPERHOT Card Game (BGG, KS)
- 0:23:22 - Dungeon Alliance Interview with Andrew Parks (BGG, website)
- 0:50:50 - PnP Patrol
- - Rolling Thunder (BGG)
- - F-14 Tomcats (BGG)
- - Malta Convoy (BGG)
- 1:15:42 - Manhattan Project: Energy Empire (BGG)
- 1:47:54 - What's it missing?
January 22, 2017
Welcome, guests. Come in, come in, for an exciting tale about our rustic inn. Be not concerned by the red flecks on the couch; those are merely some minor rust stains. I guarantee, the quality of this podcast of beyond compare. Now, as I was saying, listen to a tale woven of Arkham Horror the card game, while Julius interviews the lead designer Matt Newman. Afterwards, Albert and Julius review the Bloody Inn, with absolutely no comparison to this fine establishment.
- 00:01 - Catch up banter
- 00:01 - Subterra and Tabletopia
- 00:04 - Recording plays and Feast for Odin scores
- 00:06 - Arkham Horror card game updates
- 00:08 - Interview with Matt Newman, lead designer of Arkham Horror the card game
- 00:49 - Review of the Bloody Inn
- 01:22 - What's It Missing: Cleaning vs Animated Tokens
January 11, 2017
Folks, here's the spoiler episode on Pandemic Legacy: Season 1. It includes information on Julius's experience playing the game and his thoughts on it. It includes details about the game that you wil want to avoid if you have any expectations to play in the future. You have been warned (possibly overwarned).