In this episode we look at the game New Bedford, published by Greater Than Games.
Another episode another game! This time we talk some brief news including Albert's new fountain pen podcast and the new Snowdownia Kickstarter. Then we take a deep look at Four Against Darkness, the solo RPG dungeon crawl in which you take for intrepid adventures in a quest for fame and fortune.
Julius and Albert travel through time to review Anachrony, from Mindclash games. Let's admit,Julius spends a lot of time talking about the solo mode for this one, so tune in and travel.
Extended show notes:
- Banter and geenral discussion
- Review of Anachrony (06:04)
In this 150th episode Albert & Julius discuss Nusfjord.
- 01:26 Unlock (Asmodee, BGG)
- 05:22 Heroes of Terinoth (FFG, BGG)
- 09:36 The Deep Gate: Arkham Horror novel (FFG)
- 11:56 Dragonfire (BGG)
- 13:10 Asmodee
- 16:46 Nusfjord (BGG)
Do you like Arkham Horror the card game? Do you continue to purchase the new expansions as they come out? Well, Julius does. Albert doesn't, so we are leaving him behind as Julius and guest co-host Tyler Moore review over the entire Path to Carcosa cycle for Arkham Horror the card game. Join us for a full review of each scenario across the cycle.
Welcome to episode #148 of the 1 Player Podcast. This month, Albert and Julius talk about the game, Terraforming Mars. See what we like and what we don't like about this game from Stronghold Games.
Journey into the depths of the libraries of the 1 Player Podcast. Join us on the couch as we chat about some of our favorite books of late, including the "Traps Hidden Books" and "You Don't Want to Know."
We also talk about Victory Point Games' recent kickstarter for their Graphic Novel Adventures, and about Gem Rush. We then review Ex Libris, a library building worker-placement game. We then return for an extended interview with Taran Kratz, the designer of Helionox (by listener request).
So pull up a nice book, your favorite podcast feed, and listen in.
Graphic Novel Adventures (01:45)
Gem Rush (10:07)
Ex Libris review (14:15)
Taran Kratz, designer of Helionox, interview (51:45)
After chatting about some recent games they've played, Albert and Julius review two Pandemic games today, Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu and Pandmic Iberia. Afterwards, Julius talks with the designer of Unbroken, currently on Kickstarter.
- General Discussion:
- Stuffed Fables and the Every Night is Game Night Podcast (01:55)
- CoOp Cast (05:55)
- Ex Libris, Architects of the West Kingdom, by Renegade Games (6:40)
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (10:38)
- Pandemic Iberia (24:38)
- Unbroken interview (35:20)
Hi folks, in this episode Julius and Albert go over some news and a rant or two, then we talk about the "Big In Japan" game from AEG, Unicornus Knights.
- 01:17 News (Portal Games)
- 01:34 Detective: A Modern Crime Boardgame (BGG)
- 02:32 Imperial Settlers: Amazons (BGG)
- 03:29 Imperial Settlers: We Didn't Start the Fire (BGG)
- 04:03 Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales (BGG)
- 06:06 Rant! Flash Point
- 12:00 Kickstarter
- 12:11 Rant: The Reckoners (BGG, KS)
- 16:05 Edge of Darkness (BGG, KS)
- 18:54 Nights of Fire: Battle For Budapest (BGG, KS)
- 22;20 Space Park (BGG, KS)
- 24:02 Unicornus Knights (BGG)
Albert and Julius have a packed episode today. Not only do we announce the winners of the Lords of the Rings contest, but we also have an extended interview with AJ Porfirio about upcoming Van Ryder Games titles, including the Big Score, graphic novel adventures, and the Hostage Negotiator campaign. Then we review and discuss Flee, the innovated rules-less small box game from Friedemann Friese.
Extended show notes:
- Contest winners (01:54)
- Interview with AJ Porfirio (04:21)
- Review of Flee (60:15)