July 19, 2016
Albert and Julius (who arrived a bit late) are joined by Mikolaj, designer of a Hostage Negotiator expansion and long time listener. Everyone talks about Mikolaj’s gaming history, some kickstarter games, and all about Castle Panic and its expansions and rethemes. And there’s a contest at the end.
- News (00:02)
- 1 Player Guild grows in membership
- Spiel predictions (00:03)
- About Mikolaj and upcoming Hostage Negotiator expansions (00:05)
- Kickstarter (00:40)
- Crisis (00:41)
- Hero: Prepare your champion (00:48)
- Dungeon Time (00:52)
- Darkness Sabotage (00:57)
- Castle Panic Review (01:01)
- What’s It Missing (01:38)
- Contest: Maquis for iOS and Android release (01:44)
July 11, 2016
We're launching #GenCantSoloCon 2016 in this episode. Travis from the Low Player Count joins Julius to introduce the next annual GenCantSoloCon and lay out some of the basic details for the event. More details are going to be published as we draw closer to the date, but circle your calendars for the biggest solo convention of the year: August 4-7. We'll see you there.
July 5, 2016
The shadow drifts over the podcast, as Albert and Julius review the Shadow over Westminster. We also chat some about the Barnes and Nobles sale, upcoming conventions, and games we've been playing.
Full show notes:
- Opening: (00:00)
- Barnes and Nobles sale
- Samurai Spirit
- Hero Realms (00:17)
- Wayward: Hunter’s Board Game (00:20)
- Review of The Shadow Over Westminster (00:24)
- What’s It Missing: The Great Debate (00:59)
June 18, 2016
Episode 104 is here! This time we have a good PnP report, an interview with the designer of Dungeon Crusade: Book 1 Genesis of Evil, which is currently in Kickstarter. Then we discuss the merits of owning your own lawn mowing business.
00:05:45 - Kickstarter report
- Elevenses for One, and Bowling Solitaire (BGG
- Days of Ire: Budapest 1956 (BGG
- Summit (BGG
00:26:44 - PnP Patrol
- 30 Rails (BGG
- 1572: The Lost Expedition (BGG
- Paper 'Mech (BGG
- Interview with Rodger Deering: Dungeon Crusade Book 1: Genesis of Evil (BGG
- Mow Money (BGG
01:38:15 - What's it Missing?
May 30, 2016
In this latest long episode of the podcast, we cover a LOT of stuff! Our main game is Burgle Bros, a heist game similar in theme to the movie Oceans 11, but with the austerity of Austin Powers. In this game, players break into a museum and try to escape with loot. We also discuss the all important question, does every game need to support solitaire? The easy answer is well, off course, but we hash it out nonetheless. You can also get the latest (week old) scoop on the 1 Player Guild Challenge coin.
We have our usual Kickstarter report and What's it Missing
- 1 Player Guild challenge coin (KS
- 1 Player Guild Gaming Awards (BGG
- Best Solo Game: Hostage Negotiator (BGG
- Best Solo Variant: Redjack's Automated Imperial variant (BGG
for Imperial Assuault (BGG
- Best Multiplayer Game Played Solo: Runebound 3rd edition (BGG
- Best Print and Play Solo Game: Deep Space D6 (BGG
- Hall of Fame (Game): Arkham Horror (BGG
) and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (BGG
00:21:02 - Hall of Fame (BGG User): Kevine Erskine & RyanMobile
- Hall of Fame (Designer): Joseph Fatula (BGG
) and Morten Monrad Pederson (BGG
00:24:48 - Kickstarter report
- 1 Deck Dungeon (BGG
- Tramways (BGG
- Anachrony (BGG
00:42:42 - Discussion topic
01:43:16 - What's it Missing?
01:52:34 - Closing
May 20, 2016
The year of wargaming continues, with our second game of the year. Granted, we're almost halfway through the year, but at least we got another one. Albert and Julius discuss Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear and its solo expansion this episode as well as talking about other games and topics.
- Opening Chatter
- Flash Point
- AJ’s thread on the Guild
- Update on the Challenge Coin (Live now!)
- Kickstarter (17)
- Dresden Files
- Escape and Escape Zombie City big boxes
- Conflict of Heroes review (32)
- The Great Debate (104): Money v Jellyfish
May 3, 2016
In this latest issue of our Podcast Julius has gone missing. Albert & Chris talk about PnP & return to the Oniverse to defend their Castellions.
0:00:41 - Introduction
0:01:27 - Kickstarter Report
Aether Captains (BGG
0:05:53 - Print and Play
Nine Card PnP contest
- Zombies in Our Neighborhood (BGG
- The Harrvest Feast (BGG
Wargame PnP contest
Solitaire PnP contest
1:23:01 - The Great Debate
April 21, 2016
Albert and Julius celebrate episode 100 with a review of an older game, Pax. We also interview Ian Zang about the Expedition RPG and listen to Chris talk about Austerity. Plus, there's a contest!
Show notes (with timestamps):
- News and Banter
- Frost Bite
- 1 Player Awards
- Dresden Files
- Kickstarter (29)
- Descent app
- Aeon’s End
- Interview with Ian Zang, developer of Expedition (47)
- PnP Patrol: (1:24)
- Pax (1:33)
- Great Debate (2:17)
- Contest (2:24)
March 21, 2016
Welcome to the 99th episode of the 1 Player podcast. Yup, we are nearly at 100; but, for now let's focus on 99. This episode is one of the biggest yet at almost 144 minutes!! It's got a lot. There is the normal KS news, and a discussion on games whose solo experience killed the multiplayer game and games whose multiplayer experience killed the solo game. Then, Chris has his solo report on Mr. CabbageHead's Garden Game by Todd Sanders. Then Julius talks about Project Dreamscape by Will & Sara Reed. We have a Great Debate and finally Julius finishes up with an interview with Sara Reed.
- Project Dreamscape (BGG, Undine Studious)
- Mr Cabbagehead's Garden (BGG)
- The Goonies: Adventure Card Game (BGG)
- Lock and Load: Normandy solitaire (Lock n Load)
- Solitaire Games on Your Table Aggragator (link)
- Dungeon Delvers (KS)
- Taue Ceti (KS)
March 10, 2016
The leaders of the podcast are here. Julius and Albert are joined this episode by Kevin Erskine, organizer of the Top 100 Solo Games and a prominent member of the 1 Player Guild. Everyone chats about some current games and reviews Thunderbolt Apache Leader and the Leader series in general.
Plus, we're starting a new series: PnP Patrol with Chris Hansen. Chris will be presenting a different print-and-play game every episode. The series starts with a review of Invaders from Dimension X.
Oh, and Albert flubs it on the Great Debate (but maybe you'll vote for him anyway).